24.8.11

DIY: Clutch


{American Apparel Clutch}

I know a lot of people (myself included) that want/wanted the American Apparel clutch but just couldn't justify spending £46 on what quite frankly is an oversized pencil case. I was tempted to buy it once, then snapped out of that moment of madness and remembered that I could sew my own at a fraction of the price.

I wanted to make a clutch like this as a leaving present for a friend of mine, but I wanted to make it a bit different so it wasn't just another pencil case and after wandering around one of my favourite haberdashery shops, I decided upon making something slightly different:
clutch
clutch
clutch
clutch

I'm making more as I want one for myself, but I'm thinking about doing different styles and putting them up for sale on the Strut Mode Shop, so keep looking out for that.

8 comments:

  1. Great DIY!

    I've been working on something slightly similar, but a leather envelope for my ipad. Unfortunately I have to sew it by hand so keep putting it off.

    Tash
    (milkandmead.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Amazing! I'm gonna say to mum to lear me how to sew!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning end result!! thanks for sharing i will carefully try to follow your steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so JEL!! I love this you should definitely make some to sell.. where do you get your leather from it looks so lush??

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really enjoy your blog, although we deal with tangled hair extension issues-its all apart of fashion/beauty.

    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete